Seachem ParaGuard Marine & Freshwater Supplement is a fish- and filter-safe, aldehyde-based parasite control supplement. Unlike highly toxic and difficult-to-use formalin-based medications, it contains no formaldehyde or methanol, and will not alter pH levels. ParaGuard employs a proprietary, synergistic blend of aldehydes, malachite green, and fish-protective polymers that effectively and efficiently eradicates many ectoparasites and external lesions. It treats parasitic, fungal, bacterial and viral infections. ParaGuard is also useful in receiving-tanks for new fish and whenever fish are introduced to a community tank.
- The only fish and filter safe aldehyde based (10% by weight) parasite control product available (for parasites on fish). Eradicates ectoparasites and fungal, bacterial, and viral lesions on fish.
- Unlike highly toxic and difficult to use formalin based medications, ParaGuard™ contains no formaldehyde or methanol and will not alter pH.
- Employs a proprietary, synergistic blend of aldehydes, malachite green, and fish protective polymers that effectively and efficiently eradicates many ectoparasites (e.g. ich, etc.) and external fungal/bacterial/viral lesions (e.g., fin rot).
- It is particularly useful in hospital and receiving tanks for new fish and whenever new fish are introduced to a community tank.
- Does not adversely affect bio-filter.